We look forward to meeting you on your first visit to our office! This appointment will give you the opportunity to get acquainted with our office and learn about your orthodontic needs. For some of you, this might be a new experience, while others have had family or friends in braces.
The initial appointment will take approximately one hour and includes a complimentary digital panoramic X-ray, digital photographs, and a thorough examination and discussion of potential treatment options. During this initial examination we will report on the following:
- If an orthodontic problem exists
- Whether treatment is needed now or should be delayed pending appropriate growth or tooth eruption
- What treatment procedures can be used to correct the problem
- Estimated length of treatment
- How much treatment will cost and possible financial arrangements
- Determination of insurance benefits
After Dr. Talbot or Dr. Plewe completes your exam, we will have time to answer all your questions thoroughly so you can make a well-informed decision. Each patient is an individual and will receive care specific to his or her orthodontic treatment plan.
Please help us be prepared for your first visit by completing this Patient Information Form and Orthodontic Patient Health Questionnaire
A referral from a general dentist IS NOT required to schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Talbot or Dr. Plewe.
Diagnostic Records and Consultation
If treatment is recommended at the new patient exam, then complete orthodontic records are necessary prior to beginning treatment. These records consist of photographic images, orthodontic X-rays, and models of the teeth. With this information, Dr. Talbot or Dr. Plewe can finalize treatment plans and treatment costs.
Scheduling appointments to begin treatment and finalizing financial plans can be done at this point. If the individual case needs further study or input from other sources, a separate consultation will be scheduled to discuss further treatment options. A separate fee will be charged for the diagnostic records.
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders,aligners, etc.) usually takes one to two hours. You’ll then see us at regular intervals, four to eight weeks apart, for an adjustment, which takes 20 to 40 minutes. Patients are seen by appointment only.
We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately. Cancel only if it is an emergency. It can be difficult to reschedule you since most appointments are made four to eight weeks in advance.
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patient’s problem. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have payment plans to suit different budgets, including a no initial payment option. We also accept assignment from most insurance plans, and file the necessary papers to the insurance company. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a a fee discount. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.)
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over a period of months.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by Visa®, MasterCard®, and Discover® and CareCredit®.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.
If you have insurance, we will help you to determine the coverage you have available. We ask that you assign your insurance benefit to us. The balance will be arranged for you to pay (see above).
Professional care is provided to you, our patient, and not to an insurance company. Thus, the insurance company is responsible to the patient and the patient is responsible to the doctor. We will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions from our office on your behalf.